Language Keys for Speech


By: Sapta Abimanyu
@Abimanyuks

No.
Function
Phrases/Utterances
1
Greeting the audience
Good morning/Good afternoon/Good evening/Hello/Hi
2
Addressing the audience
Excellencies/your excellency
Distinguished participants
Ladies and gentlemen
Dear participants
Everyone/everybody
Beloved friends
etc.
3
Opening the speech
It’s my greatest pleasure to be here today.
It is also a particular pleasure to meet with our audience.
4
Starting
The title of my speech is _______
Today, I would like to talk about _______
My topic today is ______
In this occasion, I would like to tell you about ______
5
Planning
I have divided my talk into ______
The first point of my talk is ______
The first point of my speech is ______
6
Opening the main section
I’d like to start by explaining ______
I’d like to start by suggesting that ______
7
Moving to a new point
Let me turn to ______
I’d like to turn now to the issue of ______
8
Highlighting
The important thing about ______ is ______
The thing to remember is ______
The thing is that ______
9
Indicating
Okay, Right, All right, Well,
10
Summarizing
Let me try to conclude our discussion then.
The main points that have been made are ______
Before coming to the end of my speech, I would like to conclude what I’ve explained.
11
Closing
This is the end of my speech, thank you.
I’ll finish here, thank you.
And let me finish here, thank you.


0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 
;